The Department of Children, Seniors and Social Development works with federal departments and agencies such as Sport Canada, the Public
Health Agency of Canada and other provincial and territorial governments to further its physical activity, recreation and sport goals. CSSD also has
strong partnerships with many groups and organizations that sustain the vibrant recreation and sporting life of the province. Some of our key
provincial partners include:
- Aboriginal Sport and Recreation Circle of Newfoundland and Labrador - The Aboriginal Sport and Recreation Circle of Newfoundland and Labrador is
dedicated to improving the health outcomes of Aboriginal people across Newfoundland and Labrador by supporting and encouraging physically active
communities, expanding access to sports and recreation opportunities and increasing the capacity of aboriginal athletes, coaches and officials.
- Recreation Newfoundland and Labrador
- Recreation NL is the provincial voice promoting and fostering the spirit and practice
of recreation for all. Recreation NL provides a full range of services to enhance members' ability to deliver recreation throughout Newfoundland and
- School Sport Newfoundland and Labrador
- School Sport NL organizes, promotes and governs all school sports within the province,
assisting student-athletes in reaching their full physical, educational and social potential through participation and sportsmanship in interscholastic
sport. School Sport NL are also actively engaged in the delivery of
- a recreational sport and physical activity program that seeks to engage students in
moderate to vigorous physical activity through mass participation games in a welcoming environment. PN has a number of program branches, including Play
for Fun (targeted at K-3); PN Elementary (a physical activity/sport introduction program), PN Unplugged (targeted at reducing screen time in Elementary
& High School students) and PN Junior High, (continuation of the PN Elementary, with a Junior High focus), and High School Spirit.
- Sport Newfoundland and Labrador
- Sport NL is a volunteer organization, supported by professionals, committed to the promotion and advancement of amateur sport throughout the province.
Sport NL represents 55 provincial sport organizations and over 70,000 individual members.